Luckily, the Himalayan balsam can be easily removed by plucking and this method has been proved effective over the years. ELF's volunteers started to pluck up the Himalayan balsam in Otepää last year and the work needs to be continued for several years.
Otepää Nature Park, the largest protected landscape in Estonia, is located on hilly uplands. One of the country's most picturesque lakes – Pühajärv, or Sacred lake in translation – is situated in the heart of the nature park. The small town of Otepää next to the lake has given its name to the protected area and is a popular skiing destination. The diverse landscapes in the nature park are
shaped by both human activity and natural processes.
It is possible to elongate Your stay and start with same work a couple of days earlier at Karula National Park
, on July 1-3. If You participate in both camps, use the 10% discount code "SARITALGUD" in the registration sheet.
This nature volunteering camp is funded by Environmental Investment Centre
How can I participate?
After clicking the "Register to camp" button, a yellow stripe will appear at the top of the page.
It is possible to add several camps into the cart.
Clicking on the yellow stripe will direct You to the cart where You can insert Your contact information and pay for the camp.
The registration sheet is only available in Estonian and here are the translations:
* Nimi = Name
* E-post = E-mail
* Vanus = Age
* Telefon = Phone number
* Asula, kust stardid talgutele = Location (city, town, or village)
* Olen talgutel varem osalenud = I have participated in ELF's camps before
* Eritoitumine = Special dietary requirements (allergies, gluten, lactose, vegetarian, vegan, etc)
* Muu info ja kommentaarid = Remarks and comments
* Nõustun üld- ja tagasimaksmise tingimustega = I agree with the terms and conditions
* Sooduskood / Rakenda = Discount code / Apply
* Edasi maksma = Proceed with payment
* Soorita tellimus = Make the purchase (Tasu arvega = Pay with a bill)
If the group is already full, You can add Your information to the waiting list and we will contact You if there is a vacancy.